Join us on stand no. 435 at Cereals 2019 where we will be showcasing the ASSIST research programme!
Visitors to Cereals 2019 can find out more about exciting progress from ASSIST scientists on:
- Exploring future landscapes under scenarios of change built using the ASSIST Scenario Exploration Tool
- New crop yield analysis tools to understand limitations on yield and support farm planning. These include linkage to bio-physical factors explaining variation in yields, including soil moisture, topographic wetness, soil type & nutrients, shading, landscape features and diversity of beneficial species.
- Environmental Opportunity Mapping: new planning tools to optimise environmental benefits and minimise loss of production.
- Working with farmers to re-think Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and pollination: replicated field experiments testing in-field strips sown with a robust perennial seed mix to support beneficials
- Monthly Wetness & Dryness maps available: using CEH models estimating soil moisture, driven by daily Met Office rainfall data as part of the Hydrological Outlook. New products for agriculture, include field-scale soil moisture and temperature.
You will be able to meet the ASSIST team at stand no. 435 at Cereals 2019 on June 12-13.
For details about CEH Land Cover Maps and Land Cover Plus®: Crops, including obtaining a licence, click here